Application & Decision Process
- We are guided by our funding criteria and focus areas.
- The better we know each other, the better we can help each other. Please talk to us and plan your project in advance.
- We are a community funder, offering a helping hand.
Talk to us first:
- Talk to us about your project or plans
- For new facilities or building redevelopment projects, submit an expression of interest
- When an application is received, it will be acknowledged by the Trust Office by email.
How long will it take:
Ensure you allow up to three full months from the time you submit a fully completed application. We do not fund retrospectively.
application - helpful hints:
- Discuss your organisation's application/project with one of our staff prior to completing an application form.
- Read the guidelines carefully prior to completing an application.
- Include ALL the information requested. Incomplete applications may be returned to the applicant, thus resulting in a delay in a decision being made.
- Community need is a key criteria of our funding, so it helps to clearly outline the benefits your project will provide to the wider community and to describe the people and groups who will benefit.
- Provide background information about your organisation and its objectives.
- Details of your organisation's current financial position.
- Ensure the contact people listed on the application form are available to discuss the application if required.
- Retain a copy of the full application and supporting documentation. This will be helpful when undertaking any evaluation requirements, should the application be successful.
- Be realistic; be honest and don't rely on one funder to fund the entire project.
- Include details of volunteer input provided and any significant donated materials.
- You cannot commence a project, or purchase resources/goods until a decision has been advised.
- Trust staff may seek further information regarding applications. We need to understand your project and want to engage in an open dialogue about your plans
- As part of the dialogue process we may want to meet you and make enquiries to other organisations, such as funding agencies, local authorities or government departments.
Our Trustees meet regularly, and we communicate outcomes as quickly as possible after a decision has been made. Decisions should be made within three months of the Trust receiving a completed application.
All applicants will be advised by email of the Trustees' decision whether successful or otherwise.